We accept used vehicles from donors, and will provide a receipt of the Bluebook value for tax deduction purposes. We give the vehicle to a deserving family who is in need of a car. Please donate your vehicle to Rahima Foundation provided it meets the following requirements:
- The vehicle should be in good working condition
- There is a current valid registration of the vehicle in your name(s)
- A Smog Certificate was obtained within the last 3 months of the date of your donation
- There is a certificate of title for a vehicle (Also known as car title or pink slip)
Please let us know via email or phone call if you meet the above requirements, and then stop by our office to complete and sign the various documents required by DMV for the vehicle transfer.
If you are a client of Rahima (i.e. you have filled out a current year application and have been approved to receive benefits), and are in need of a car, please call us or send us an email, or send us an email, demonstrate why you need a car and how it will help you, and request us to put you on the waiting list for car requests. In order to be considered to receive a car from Rahima, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a current client of Rahima
- Be on the waiting list for car requests
- Have a current valid California Driver’s License
- Have the ability to get car insurance for at least 6 months
If you are selected to receive a donated car, we will call you and give you the details of the car you will be receiving. You will then need to get insurance for the car in your name. After receiving the insurance certificate, please come to our office and provide the following:
- A copy of your driver’s license
- A copy of an insurance certificate for the car you will be receiving
You will need to complete and sign the various documents required by the DMV for car transfer and registration.
We will give you a complete package of documents to take to a DMV office. This package, and the registration fee you will pay to DMV, will enable you to receive the registration of the vehicle in your name. Bring the registration to our office and we will then give you the car keys, and you can drive away in your new car.