Rahima Foundation is a local 501 C(3) Charitable and Educational Foundation, Tax ID No. 77- 0442850
Our Vision is to establish an institution of charity to serve the financial, educational, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the communities.
Our Mission is to help provide the most basic needs to our fellow human beings who are unable to make ends meet.
To carry out this mission in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are currently providing the following::
- Monthly Food Distribution (basic non-perishable foods such as rice, flour, oil, pasta, tomato sauce, beans, cereal and sugar, and perishable items such as halal meat/chicken, eggs, fruits and vegetables)
- Zakat and Fitra Distribution
- Homeless Soup Kitchen in partnership with LifeMoves shelters in San Jose
- Meat Distribution (from Eid-ul-Adha / Festival of the Sacrifice & other occasions)
- Scholarship & Tuition Assistance – We give scholarships to qualifying graduating high school students, and tuition assistance to selected students.
- Human Dignity Day (hot lunch, hygiene packs and T-shirts for the homeless in San Jose)
- Used Car Donations to needy families – We accept used cars in good working condition.We accept used vehicles from donors, and will provide a receipt of the Bluebook value for tax deduction purposes. We give the vehicle to a deserving family who does not have a car.Please donate your vehicle to Rahima Foundation provided it meets the following requirements:
- The vehicle should be in good working condition
- There is a current valid registration of the vehicle in your name(s)
- A Smog Certificate was obtained within the last 60 days of the date of your donation
- There is a certificate of title for the vehicle (Also known as car title or pink slip)
Please let us know via email or phone call if you meet the above requirements, and then stop by our office to complete and sign the various documents required by DMV for the vehicle transfer.
Our intentions for future services are:
- Develop volunteer services to help the elderly
- Provide referrals for medical, legal, counseling, and foster care / adoption services
- Organize educational workshops, talks, courses, etc. on a variety of topics of interest
- Open a free clinic for the uninsured and the unemployed
- Establish a home for the destitute and abused, providing shelter and meals
- Develop Rahima as a national disaster relief organization
- Other charitable and educational projects consistent with the goals and objectives of the organization, as the need arises